There is speculation that the building may have been constructed as a residence in the late 1890’s and over the years records show that it was also used as a warehouse, grocery store, feed store and gasoline station. In 2003, the Downtown Issaquah Association with assistance from the City of Issaquah, private party donations and volunteers began the process of restoring the building to its 1944 appearance as the Hailstone Feed Store and Shell Gasoline Station. In the restoration process, one of the most exciting discoveries the group has made is an Owl Cigar sign painted on the back of the building. The advertisement would have been easily visible to passengers taking the train in or out of Issaquah, the chief mode of transportation at that time. The space is available to lease on an hourly basis and will accommodate up to 49 people.