Wilderness Survival: 3-Season Skills
REI Classes are very popular and fill up fast.
Below is an overview. For more details and to register CLICK HERE.
Do you know what to do if something goes awry on your next outdoor excursion? During this class you will learn practical tips and strategies that every outdoor traveler should know. We’ll cover the 10 essentials and their practical applications. You’ll also learn about emergency priorities, how to make an emergency shelter, how to locate and access drinking water, and how to start a fire. This class is designed for anyone who spends time outside and wants to build their confidence with outdoor skills.
Arrival: Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start time
Food: Remember to pack energy snacks and water for the day
Ages 12 and older
- Learn the 10 essentials and how to use them
- Understand Survival Priorities
- Practice building simple tarp shelters, filtering water, and starting a fire
- Build confidence in your outdoor self-reliance skills
- Class may spend time off of well-groomed trails